Friday, January 15, 2010

Five months.....and counting!

It's been 5 months and 1 day since we became an "official waiting family". In many ways, it was flown by, in other ways, it seems like it has been an eternity! We are happy and peaceful and are learning contentment in just "waiting".

Our hearts are also staying busy worrying about our our friends, NO, FAMILY in Haiti. Since 1997, I have made the trip to Haiti over 20 times. There is a part of my heart that stays in Haiti each and every time I go. That part of my heart is also suffering with those I have come to love.

I know that our children we care for tenderly are all safe. I know that my faithful partner, John, and his beautiful wife Ruth, are safe. I know that their lives are consumed with caring for the sick and helping remove the death and despair from the streets. I pray that God will use me in the coming months to be encouragment and strength to those in need.

That's it for now. I hope to someday be able to knock you off your seat when I am able to put info about our precious son or daughter, but for now.....we wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment