Tuesday, June 29, 2010

It's a BOY!!

Well, it has been a week since I got "the call"!! I thought that I should post something for those of you who care and are following my blog!

The day started out like any other day.....I was up at 5:45 a.m. getting ready to go to work.. I was sluggish and crabby.....just another day. At 6:45, I went in and gave Jeremy that half-hearted "I'm really sleepy and would rather be back in bed" kiss and told him good-bye. I turned to go out the door and said over my shoulder, "Hopefully I will talk to you again this morning." (Meaning=I hope Nicky calls us and you are on the line!)

The day went by as normal. Ladies would come into work and ask the same questions they have been asking for 10 months! (and 1 week) "How is the adoption coming?" "Have you heard anything yet?" I continued to smile and spout off my usual, "Nope."

At about 11:45, I felt my cell phone buzz in my pocket. I carefully reached in and retreived the cell phone. I looked at the screen, assuming that it was my Dad letting me know the change of plans for picking up the kids. To my suprise, I see "Nicky Losse" on the called I.D. My heart started to race and I broke into a cold sweat! This was really IT! This was that call that I had waited 10 months and 1 week for! I just remember welling up with tears and saying quietly to the ladies at work, "Oh my gosh! This is it!"

The next 10 minutes were nothing but BLUR! I heard her say something about getting Jeremy on the line. I think all I said was, "Uh huh" to EVERYTHING. I had dreamed that I would be chatty and talkative, questioning everything she said. Instead, I sat in disbelief with tears streaming down my face. I didn't know if I should laugh or cry! The only thing on my mind was getting home to see his beautiful face.

I hung up the phone, turned to the owner of the store and said, "Can I go home to see my son?" It is a good thing she said yes or else I would have lost my job that day. Nothing was going to keep me from seeing his face!

I quickly ran by my parents house to get Mo and Zeke, then headed home where Jeremy was anxiously waiting. As we all gathered around the computer, I felt like I was going to puke! Was this for REAL??

I clicked on the email and THERE HE WAS! He was beautiful! He was perfectly, incredibly, beautiful! I just sat in awe, disbelief, joy, astonishment, (and 1000 other adjectives) that God would choose us to be the parents of this beautiful child! He was so perfect and so amazing! He was much more that I expected! I thought my baby would be skinny and skrawny...kind of sickly looking....but on the contrary! He is chubby! Really chubby! He has gorgeous BIG round black eyes. He has fat legs and chubby toes! He has a little bit of wonderfully black, shiny hair! He is just perfect!

So....there you have it! This is day that our little family of four, truly became a family of five....and we couldn't be more excited!! :O)

3 comments:

  1. Yippppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!! I've been dying for more details! I hope you got my voice mail the other day...

    We're seriously going to have to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! I am so happy for you guys! Do you have any idea when you will have a court date/travel dates?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!!! I saw all the referrals last week on the CHI email list and thought I should check your blog to see if you were one of the lucky families!!! YEA!!!

    ReplyDelete