Friday, September 11, 2009

Remembering 9/11

I was trying to think back today what was happening the day that American history was changed forever. There are so many memorable days that I wish I could've been a part of...or at least was alive when it happened. However, September 11, 2001 was not one of those days.

I remember that we had woke up early. We had taken in an 11 year old child from Haiti that was in dire need of an operation to fix her spine. We had her for several weeks and September 11 was the day that we were scheduled to have our first consult with the spinal surgeon. I remember my dad calling me early that morning and asking if I had turned on the news. I told him no and asked why. He asked if I had heard anything about the World Trade Centers being hit by terrorists? I reported that I had not heard the news and was admittidly a little agitated with his questions. I was in a hurry to go. I was trying to get the kids fed and dressed. I was running late....me, me, me.....

Well we went on to St. Louis and as we were sitting in the waiting room at Shriner's Hospital, I remember watching in disbelief as they showed the footage over and over and over. I was reminded that no day in life if guaranteed......

Today I want to remember all of the people who lost their lives that day. I want to remember and honor their families. This is a difficult day for all America as we remember what was taken from us on that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment