Sunday, September 27, 2009

An Unexpected Twist...

Well, I haven't posted for a few days. I feel kind of stupid because I really don't have much to say. But, I thought that I would share what transpired this weekend, because it really made me stop and think that God's timing is definately......unpredictable!

On Thursday night, I was sitting on the couch and watching Anderson Cooper 360 with a friend of mine. We were talking about politics and other issues that Mr. Cooper was identifing on his show that evening. Well, I decided to hop onto our adoption agencies Waiting Kids List. This is a list that contains children that need homes that have some medical condition or some other issue that may keep them from otherwise being adopted.

There, right in front of me was a beautiful, 5 month old baby girl. She had HUGE, round black eyes (just what I want!) and teenie tiny features. She was beautiful! Unfortunately, this little one also came with a medical condition. Nothing life or death necessarily, but a condition that would require multiple surgeries and very possible lasting effects. Well, let's make a long story short.

I continued to think of her and how she needed a Mommy to rub her belly and hold her when she was feeling lousy. She needed to be rocked and talked to....sang to...prayed over. I had a hard time shaking those black eyes and beautiful face. I began to wonder if this was God or if I was feeling things in my own flesh. We began to pray that God would reveal His will in our lives.

On Saturday, we received confirmation that she indeed was NOT our child, but that she was going to be the child of another loving family who so desperately needs her. I thank God that it helped me to realize that I need to be ready. I need to have all my "ducks in a row" so that at any given moment, when those big, round eyes look at me again...I'll be ready!

2 comments:

  1. precious! God has your child already picked out, and I can't wait to hear all about them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way when I saw her picture too. My husband and I prayed for her and even inquired about her, but she was someone elses baby. The courts are reopening and I know the referrals are going to pour down like blessings from heaven! So as you said "Be Ready"

    ReplyDelete